Hi everyone. New here. I have a mystery year late 80s early 90s 580se backhoe with hand swing controls. Every individual control works as it should very strong (boom, stick "dipper", curl) but as soon as I ask for a two controls at once they both slow to a snails pace or dont move at all. New fluid and filter as of a week ago. did not help one bit unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would love to not need a new pump. Thanks everyone,
Welcome to HEF Alex; Have you checked the main relief pressure on your backhoe, if so what is it set at? Another question when you bottom out a circuit (ie) the boom or dipper and hold the lever does another circuit try to move?
Thank you for the response. Those are two great questions that I don't have an answer too. I will asses after work, weather depending. supposed to pour. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you,
Goodmorning. I bottomed out each circuit without any other circuits trying to move. I also need to play naive here and ask where and how to check the main pressure relief valve setting you asked for. I did my best given the pouring rain. once again I appreciate the help.
Welcome to HEF, Alex ! If you need the 580SE service manual, send your email address in a Private Message.
I have it! I appreciate it though... I wasn't able to make much of the dark photos and parts necessary to run main pressure relief vale test. I also didn't see anything about a visible setting being displayed.
You check the main relief pressure at the loader control valve there should be a quick disconnect fitting already there to connect a gauge to. Your service manual will show you how to connect the gauge and what the pressure should be.
Um, you probably need a new manual.
Thanks guys! This will be my project for the afternoon. I appreciate all the info.