Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310 L ep compression test kit

tyler@chamberlainbackhoe ยท 2022-05-03 11:48

Looking for suggestions on a compression test kit or, even an adapter for the 4045 engines. I tried the dealer for the oem tool but, its been back ordered for months now. Every tool I search seems to be unclear whether it will adapt to this particular engine.

Replies10
  1. #1mg23612022-05-03 12:16

    Welcome to HEF Tyler ! Serial number? Those machines can either have a Deere engine or a Yanmar engine.

  2. #2tyler@chamberlainbackhoe2022-05-03 13:22

    Its got the deere engine. Serial # 1T0310ELCHG 310160. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3mg23612022-05-04 05:15

    If your engine is the one with the injectors outside of the valve cover, which it should be, you need JDG10824. Unfortunately it is backordered like you mentioned. I don't know what to tell you. You will just have to wait. The tool is made by SPX/Bosch (OTC). What ails your engine?

  4. #4tyler@chamberlainbackhoe2022-05-04 12:16

    The engine lacks power. I've had multiple operators have this complaint with this backhoe. It sounds slightly like a misfire. I've pulled and cleaned injectors, done cylinder cut out test, tested torque converter, checked engine speed, check fuel system, replaced fuel filters. I'm at that point where I need to perform a compression test, just don't have the adapter hah. The dealer is checking to see if the service department will sell me one. If there's anything else you can think to check please let me know. Thanks

  5. #5Vetech632022-05-04 16:39

    A engine stall test would be next. It will tell you what you need to be looking at.

  6. #6mg23612022-05-05 05:21

    Any codes?

  7. #7tyler@chamberlainbackhoe2022-05-05 17:05

    No codes. Only the lack of power thats been reported from a couple different operators. And its overall power, not just hydraulics or transmission. Its still fully operational just, something feels off and its getting difficult to pin point.

  8. #8tyler@chamberlainbackhoe2022-05-05 17:07

    I'll have to do that

  9. #9Vetech632022-05-05 18:58

    Engine performance is everything. If its not up to par it will effect your transmission and hydraulic power

  10. #10mg23612022-05-06 04:44

    The spec for the converter stall is 1950-2090 rpm. Taken in 3rd forward with foot firmly planted on the brake with the engine at full operating temperature and the transmission at 165*-186*F (75*-85*C) and ride control turned off (if you have that option). Combined stall is the same as above with the loader bucket dumped, held over relief. Spec for this is 1230-1560 rpm. Do note that if you are comparing this "L EP" (69 HP) to other models like it's big brother "SL" (103 HP) or to a Case/Cat, etc., then it will seem weak in comparison. The "L" is basically a "budget" machine.