Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580se no power to any gauges…

ttip249 · 2023-09-08 20:19

Starts up & runs great, but no gauges work. I pulled the dash apart and 3 wires were off the ignition pins… I am assuming green & orange to the accessories pins and the yellow/white wire to the ground pin??? Why does the illustration not show that? The yellow/white wire has 12v while running Green and orange have no power. Relays are good

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-09-08 21:07

    Because it would clutter up the schematic so badly you wouldn't be able to read it. The wires in the schematic have identification numbers. Those numbers are listed with the color codes and what they are for are on separate pages of the service manual.

  2. #2ttip2492023-09-08 21:56

    yeah, I color coded them appropriately in the picture. Sorry I should have mentioned that. There is a wire In between 5 & 11 that isn’t labeled & it shows the yellow/white as a ground that isn’t attached to the ignition. Is the blank wire in-between the 5 and 11 supposed to be orange? And why am I getting 12v from a ground wire?