Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580se Radiator baffles

JJBakay · 2018-06-03 23:53

I have recently done some work on the family backhoe The radiator baffles are either missing or destroyed The replacement I have found is extremely expensive. Can I leave them out or is there a place to get them cheaper? Thank you

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-06-04 07:08

    Welcome to HEF JJbakay ! Are you referring to the baffles that are in the interior of the radiator or exterior ones that direct air flow ?

  2. #2hosspuller2018-06-04 09:32

    If you mean the shroud behind the radiator enclosing the fan sucking air … Leaving it off will severely impair cooling air flow. Both through the radiator and the fan. see this link for an explanation. https://www.heliciel.com/en/logiciel-calcul-helice-aile/Carenage-helice-carene.htm

  3. #3JJBakay2018-06-04 22:08

    I'm referring to the foam baffles that surround the radiator. Not for the fan

  4. #4JJBakay2018-06-04 22:11

    https://www.colemanequip.com/parts/...gine-4l/RADIATOR-FAN-AND-MOUNTING-PARTS-0WqL/ Numbers 4 and 5 in the diagram

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-06-05 07:05

    Alrman had a good idea about those baffles. Here ----> HeavyEquipmentForums I think I would go to a furniture upholstery shop and buy some bulk foam. Even if you get it from a Case dealer you will still need to cut it out of the bulk one they sell. Besides $378.40 is just stupid expensive for a piece of foam.

  6. #6JJBakay2018-06-07 22:14

    Is there a particular type of foam to look for? I don't want it to burn