Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Outrigger Guards

Bootheal · 2018-06-03 08:12

Where would you start looking for cylinder guards? I broke one earlier this spring and yesterday piling brush, another log rolled off the pile and wacked it pretty hard. Don't think there's damage this time. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-06-03 09:35

    Not enough details, Bootheal. Case 580M ? Cylinder guard ? I didn't know there were any cylinder guards on them. Hose guards, yes. One picture is worth a thousand words.

  2. #2Bootheal2018-06-03 09:47

    Sorry, yes 580M. Something to wrap around the Piston to keep things I drop off the polished cylinder.

  3. #3Bootheal2018-06-03 13:30

    I guess this is what I'm looking for. Can't believe you can only get it at Case.

  4. #4CM19952018-06-03 14:08

    I got the ones on my 420DIT from the Cat dealers used parts division. Check on a set of used ones - there are many companies on the web peddling used equipment parts.

  5. #5Junkyard2018-06-03 15:29

    Find one in the flesh, take pics and measurements and build them. Worst case find a shop with a sufficient size brake and have them do the initial cut and bend then you can finish up and install. Maybe there’s a business in it for somebody..... lol

  6. #6AzIron2018-06-03 20:20

    The cat ones are pretty stout I have never bent one Now the one on the 310 I am about ready to make my own Never seen one a case

  7. #7Bootheal2018-06-03 21:25

    I will try to find a cat and see if it might fit. Thanks

  8. #8gtermini2018-06-05 11:18

    Looks like they'd be not too hard to whip up out of a piece of 6" or 8" sch 40 pipe split lengthwise. Weld a couple flat bar tabs on for the pivot end and bend them to suit. I'd expect the floating end to just have a rubber block that rides on the cylinder tube. Paint the up, stamp Cheboygan on them, and let you friends try to tell them apart something commercially made.