Ive got a case 580SE that developed a pretty bad leak at the yoke seal on the transaxle. Figuring it was just a seal. Seems there's a pretty deep groove on the shaft. I don't see it being usable. Or is it still useable? Not a great sealing surface with the score marks. See pics. Yoke PN appears to be N9815. Can't seem to find that anywhere. Anyone got a good source for one of these? anywhere,
Parts Machines - Heavy Equipment Parts | Southern Tractor southerntractor.com
What size is the shaft? What seal? Measure & find a sleeve would be my first choice. seal sleeves at DuckDuckGo DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified. duckduckgo.com Joe H
Can the seal be put in more or less to catch a new spot. Good old case cant get a part
Speedi-sleeve if can get one. If the part could be turned in a lathe it could be spray welded and machined back to size.
Thanks for the reply’s guys. Took Tyler’s advice. Seal was originally installed flush in the flange, there was a bit of space to hit the seal in farther, I could see there was a machined stop in there so the seal could only go in so far. Luckily it was installed flush so putting a new seal in and hitting it in further got the seal on nice unused surface on the yoke. Leak free again. Spray welding is a great idea though and given I saw case wanted $800 for it, if I need something like that again I’ll surely consider that option! Im sure most machine shops could make that surface like new again.
So will a sleeve if it's a common size. And much cheaper & faster. McMaster Carr sells them by size, if you have a seal number most of the manufacturers have them to fit their seals. Joe H
Worse comes to worse if that dont work you wasted a 20 dollar seal.