So I own a international 2514d backhoe the engine is in really bad need of a rebuild kit due a ability to say fill a pie pan with oil in 20 mins. sense the nobody responds to anything I posted on the ag stuff well why not what's the best way to id for a inframe kit plus what should I be watching out for cracks etc I have serial numbers I do know there was lot of the d 239s made many different ways so trying to get the correct kit with blowing the engine apart and waiting for weeks Serial numbers and Id plates. And the injection pump is leaking out the return side so some good real advice would be super helpful and not dump and buy this or that
Sorry fill a pie pan with engine oil out the crankcase vent in 20 mins of running makes a mess
https://www.agkits.com/International-Engine-Rebuild-Kits-D239.aspx?srsltid=AfmBOooMk2I-8qIsZMgPQssQ6QoIp50RPMWkMtOAniTnZOptM_a0qG1p
No experience with em or hoe but good luck bud
Don't know myself about the companys kits dealers have told due to it being based on the 2500b most farm dealers won't even look up a in frame there not a industrial dealer and the one by me can't due to age it's alot of bs it's actually not a bad machine
Similar experience with Kubota powered light tower it's was industrial not ag parts where a pain. The 239 was a stationary engine,farm & construction find the equivalent farm tractor go that route for parts
I've had good luck with All-State Ag Parts in the past for various older IH parts. That said, I still check with my local Case IH dealer first and buy OEM when its available. I'm surprised at how many OEM parts are still available for my '65 Farmall 656, have it split right now putting a new clutch in it.
Also, IH lists the engine parts completely separately and they will not be under the tractor listing. So in the parts diagrams you'll simply need to look up D-239. That said, there may be seiral number breaks which is where the s/n off the engine plate may be important. https://www.messicks.com/catalogs/case/d-239-4-cylinder-diesel-engine-01-68-12-73
Apparently the places I called must of gotten duds
Thank you for the information has been great I looked at the part book I have and think the backhoe was built in late 76 early 77 by the book I have unless iam completely wrong, and the i seen has been autocorrect has been perfect on making my post look like nonsense again should see my text messages get a of ????? From the wife
Be aware the only parts youll beable to get for this machine is stuff for the tractor part part for the backhoe and loader are no longer supplied used will be your only way and thats slim pickings. Dad had one when they first started out and way he talked parts where a problem for it even in the late 80s and early 90s
Good used parts for the hoe are sob to get. i managed to get a complete rear hoe frame, sticks, valve bank,outriggers with all the cylinders and good 24in bucket and that one in a million acceptable top pivot Mount.off of face book. One of the local small case ih dealers can get things like bushings little things like that butt not everything got a lot of money and time stuck into it all three rear cylinders got rebuilt replaced front axle king pins due to the thust bearings that left the chat the 10 plus years ago radiator rotten right out the parts book has been worth the money there. At least it's a hydro tranns and I drove it 10 miles plus to the farm from the seller house dumped the fiulds and the previous owner that had pasted never changed the hyd filters dated something 1986 real ih filters the engine side had been changed. the story from the wife checked time wise used on there land I dont think he ever used it for profit work he owned a restaurant. it comes in mighty handy on the farm for me though. Even if it is a jungle Jim to use sorry for the winded reply