Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SK 1992 differential lock stuck

Gregg9275 ยท 2021-05-06 21:26

I think I have a stuck differential lock on a Case 580SK. It doesn't want to steer - rather slides some. Any ideas on how to release it or what to look for. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1gggraham2021-05-07 09:44

    Just a though I've seen the return spring break on top of the transaxle. Pull the rear floor up and take a look.

  2. #2Gregg92752021-05-07 10:03

    Thanks .. I will look at it tomorrow,,

  3. #3Gregg92752021-05-15 23:05

    No luck.. I disconnected the pedal and pulled up the rear floor. Should I be able to engage and disengage the lock lever by hand. Has anyone ever had the differential lock stuck engaged? Hard to get to the lever - thinking of pulling the control console off and see if there is more access. Any ideas are appreciated.

  4. #4alrman2021-05-16 02:35

    The floor plate @gggraham was referring to, would be the one under your feet while in the hoe operating position.

  5. #5Gregg92752021-10-18 11:30

    Forgot to reply.. Got it to disengage and I disconnected the linkage. Actually the floor pedal is frozen. I will disassemble but I think I will leave it disconnected for now. Thanks