Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SK Hose Pressure

mbavers ยท 2025-05-18 14:27

Quick question: I need the factory maximum pressure rating for the hydraulic hoses that control the loader bucket lift cylinders. I replaced some of them a long time ago with 4000psi although the original was, I think, lower. I believe the stiffer hose I put in may have contributed to its demise, as it makes a pretty short bend. I'd like to use 3000psi.

Replies4
  1. #1oceanobob2025-05-24 09:17

    In the manual it will state the RV settings on the controls (term which also includes the pistons on the rams) From that info ye should be able to discern the answer. IIRC correctly these hoses are in pairs and are same length.....one tends to develop "issues" before the other therefore likely combination of sun (uv) and bending cracking the outer jacket and then the wires become exposed cause some minor corrosion leading to a fail on the hose.

  2. #2mbavers2025-05-24 12:41

    I wound up using Tera Glide XT, 1/2", rated at 5100psi. More flexible than the old ones and should last awhile.

  3. #3Tinkerer2025-05-24 14:55

    I cannot answer your question about the oem hose rating. But the pressure relief valve should be set to 2550 psi.

  4. #4mbavers2025-05-24 16:31

    The rating wound up being moot to me, as the most flexible hose I could find was rated at 5100psi.