Hi all Long time reader, the info on this forum is amazing! Finally getting around to doing the right brake on the Case 580C - got it out and mostly everything is working -except on both the R and L brake, the self adjusting mechanism is not there.... I can see where the 8 or 9 parts would go and the toothed gear is on the shaft, but the springs, levers etc are just not there. Any advice on where to get these bits? All the online advertisers only list the brake cylinders, pads etc - not these parts. thx in advance.
You could manual adjust each brake and then put a lock nut on the top of the toothed gear. I never thought the auto adjusters worked very well as the aged.
I have had good luck with these folks over the years. www.hagantractorparts.com Hagan Tractor Parts 7755 S Highway 51, Broken Arrow, OK 74014 (918) 251-1851
I often find what I need on eBay as long as I have a part number to search for. Use the advanced search and set it to Buy it Now, US only, and sort by price low to high.
thx for all the above suggestions. 1978case - since I have to remove the floor to get at the adjusting bolts, how often do the brakes actually need to be adjusted? I can't imagine that often as the Left side has no adjuster and it seems fine after owning the 'Hoe for 3 years but I will defer to the experts here on that.... and, I will contact Hagan later this week.... thanks all.
Well got a no go from Hagan - they just don't have the parts - another vendor suggested they had the parts but it was going to be approx $300 per side - ouch! so, fo rthat $, I will manually adjust every so often... thanks all for weighing in.
Them old parts are getting harder to find. Good luck with your C
Just wanted to update those that assisted, brakes back together, bled, adjusted etc - Yea! I have 2 brakes now.... thx all.