There are 3 valves in the torque converter housing on my 580 sk. I know one is a pressure relief valve by the filter. But what do the other 2 do? Thank you.
You have a filter restriction indicator, filter bypass, pump relief valve, converter charge relief. Pump relief valve is maximum pump pressure, converter charge relief is the oil that is returning to the converter from the control valve.
Ok, Thank you. Mine blew the filter off the torque comverter housing twice in a month. The last time breaking the nipple the filter screws on. I have repaired the housing and don't want to put it back on until I find the problem. Took the two Valves out last night and did not find anything in them. Balls and cartrages looked good. I have not took filter by pass apart yet. Any idea on what is causing the excess in pressure?