Hello, I am trying to understand how the flow control valve functions on the backhoe. I understand the other spools shown below. They are drawn in the default (unactuated) position. the The flow control valve appears to feed all three settings of the spool valve at once. The outputs are tied together? One feeds steering, extend-a-hoe, and swing cylinder; the other flows through to "power beyond" I really think I am reading this wrong or misunderstanding the schematic symbol. My best guess is ... on start up, the hydraulic pressure moves the spool to the center position providing pressure/flow to all sub-circuits. If the extendahoe, swing spools are actuated; the flow control goes to the first position cutting all other circuits off. I have noticed that in use with the backhoe. I'm haven't tried to use the loader AND backhoe at the same time. (yet ) What condition would cause the flow control valve to go into the third position?
I think this chart helps explain some of it... The flow control valve has infinite position capability. So it acts a little like a pressure regulator and steering priority valve?
Steer priority I believe.
What Vetech63 said it's the steering priority valve.