Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SM+ Series 3 Fault Codes – Help!

zx240lc-3 ยท 2016-09-22 17:10

Hello, We have purchased a used Case 580SM + series 3 backhoe. Running the machine to get it on the trailer we noticed a fault code has come up on the machine. I was able to look through the dash and found the section the displays the codes but not sure what they mean. Could anyone help or post an code index for us to look through? Codes: 4042 83 occurrences 4044 6 occurrence 4041 1 occurrence 1004 95 occurrence There are 20 codes currently save in the dash but these are the most recent. If anyone could help diagnose what problems we have that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1irncwby442016-10-10 14:16

    I found this info for you out of our service manual. 4042 = Temperature signal erratic or incorrect, 4044 = Temperature sensor input pin 43 is open circuit or shorted to a voltage above 5 volts, 4041 = Transmission output shaft frequency above 3000 Hz detected, 1004 = Hydraulic filter restricted. Check and make sure all wiring is free of rubs and cuts going too the related sensors....sounds like rubs to me... but I would start there.

  2. #2Gunner9.02022-08-26 20:17

    Did you ever get it fixed? I have a 4041 code on a 590M I just bought.

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-08-27 10:02

    Welcome to HEF, ! I doubt you will get any help from either of the previous posters. They haven't logged in since a year ago last April.

  4. #4gggraham2022-08-31 12:13

    The 4041 is most likely just a bad speed sensor, they had a bad habit of wires getting rubbed through or broken as it is under the machine. Branches, rebar, etc tend it scrape it or break it.