Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SM Series II swing lock pin

Delray83 · 2021-09-11 16:21

Hello! I owned Case 580C about 20 years ago that was a lot of fun. Building and landscaping a new home (eventually) and purchased a 2007 Case 580SM so I could get my man-card back ;-) Craziest thing, I cannot find/locate or even identify the swing lock pin part online. The pin you drop in to secure the boom in the center position for travel? I see all sorts of pins, but not this one anywhere. Am I calling it the wrong thing? Is it not a pin at all? I saw one recently on a 590 I almost purchased, but it was missing on my 580. TIA

Replies3
  1. #1nova4812021-09-11 16:57

    Hi Delray83 Is this the pin you need? https://www.ebay.com/itm/193867453168

  2. #2Delray832021-09-11 17:15

    Hallelujah...I believe that is it. Not sure why a search for every related term under the sun did not bring up this part. Thank you much!!

  3. #3nova4812021-09-11 18:34

    You’re very welcome. minnpar.com has all the manuals online. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a Case oem part is made in china. Ron