Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555e Swing Cylinder

cosmaar1 · 2021-09-11 22:34

Can someone help me decipher the difference between these two numbers? I have some leaky cylinders and need to get the kits to fix them up but I’m not sure what would be the difference between the C4672 and D4672.

Replies9
  1. #1Swetz2021-09-12 09:40

    Hey cosmaar1, Here is a link to a thread I created when I did mine. There are some NH attachments that may be helpful. HeavyEquipmentForums Here is a snapshot of Messicks 555E swing cylinder page (attached as pdf). There were different swing cylinders used on these machines. Some were welded trunnion, some were threaded, then there was a NH fix in the mix as well...LOL, gotta love NH. As you can see in the info I have attached/linked, it is related to serial number...if no one changed your cylinder after it was manufactured .

  2. #2Delmer2021-09-12 12:38

    Match the parts to the style you have. If that doesn't match the serial number, double check the parts style, but trust what you have over the serial number.

  3. #3cosmaar12021-09-12 15:49

    Thanks for the advice. I was hoping to have all the seals ordered prior, but it’s looking more like I need to tear them apart before I order. I would assume the cylinders are original, but nowadays you never know.

  4. #4cosmaar12021-09-12 15:49

    appreciate the attachment. That gives me a bit more info than what I was looking at on the other sites.

  5. #5Swetz2021-09-12 17:42

    I ordered mine prior to taking the cylinder apart. I did not buy the kits from NH. The supplier that I use will let me return them if not used, so I took the gamble, and, LOL, as my luck is, the locking washers held me up anyway . Below is the seal kit I used. It is for Welded Trunnion; (SN Break) Before 031024289. Not sure where yours shakes out. NH 85802570 This is where I got them...Good price @ $46.00 shipped compared to the $300.00 that NH wants before shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/85802570-S...6533?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

  6. #6cosmaar12021-09-12 19:11

    031016449 is my S/N so looks like I’m in the same boat you are. maybe I was looking at the wrong kit numbers. I was seeing them for 61 bucks or so on the NH sites. Looks like I need to double check. thanks for the link. That make things easier. did everything fit good with the seals? Quality good? I’ve read some kits are cheap and sometimes don’t all fit correctly.

  7. #7Swetz2021-09-13 06:30

    The item below marked #13 says kit. This is the kit. The ebay link is the company I purchased from. They sell Hercules seal kits, that are good quality. There is a phone number in the listing for Chris. You can call and verify that that kit is correct, and discuss returns if not.

  8. #8NH575E2021-09-13 12:40

    When I did my crowd cylinder I dealt with Chris at CEA Services, 813-365-0042. I ordered 3 different kits hoping to have what I needed at tear down. Ended up needing a piston in addition to the kits and none of the 3 kits had the right wiper seal. I had to source the piston and wiper seal separate. One of the kits I got from Chris had the right internal seals and he gave me full credit for the other two kits I sent back. I bought my piston from a place called Fast Lift Parts and the wiper seal I sourced through eBay seller arian22305. New Holland cylinder kits can be a real lesson in frustration.

  9. #9Swetz2021-09-13 13:45

    AMEN!!!