Hi, I'm trying to locate the relay that controls the fuel pump and install a kill switch to it. Haven't been able to find it inside the cab. If there isn't one, where is the switched wire that goes to the fuel pump/solenoid? Assuming i can snip that wire and install a simple switch to it. The idea is that when the switch is off and you turn the key in ignition, the starter tries to start, but the fuel is shut off, and the engine won't start. Thanks for any help!
I just removed a wire from ignition switch and inserted a kill switch with wire routed back to ignition. That way the engine wont even crank. Where to put the kill switch is up you. I actually used another key activated switch which of course requires 2 keys to start it.
Thanks for the reply! If someone knows what they're doing, they can still bypass this and jumpstart it from the starter. If a kill switch is wired up to the fuel pump, even if they try jumpstarting the machine, it'll never actually fire up and start. I just can't figure out where the fuel pump wire is.
I assume yours doesn't have a turbo? If it does, there is a kill switch built into the dash to prime the turbo.