Can anyone tell me what size and type of fittting is on the shut off valve (on the bottom of the fuel tank) that the fuel line screws on to? My fuel line broke from rust right at that flared fitting. I need to figure something out to replace it with but I’m not finding any info on this fitting anywhere.
I didn’t see any dimensions online either. You may have removed and matched it up to something by now. Wish I could help but at least your message can move back to the top and hopefully someone else can help.
Thank you for replying. Actually what I did was, bought some 5/16 tubing from the parts house cut one of the flared ends off and installed my fitting from the backhoe. Then I bent the new tubing around like the the original and installed a rubber fuel hose for now.
FWIW ! My brother-in-law used to work in an auto repair shop. I remember that he once told me they routinely cut the ends off leaking, rusty fuel lines and clamped them onto new fuel rated hose. Diesel fuel hose has a special rating. Gasoline hose should not be used for diesel. AFAIK. Cars and trucks have a stupid fitting on the fuel tanks that require a special tool to release them. Automotive OEM fuel lines are stupid expensive to buy and a bugger to replace.
If you are looking for a material that is super easy to bend, and will never rust out, this is what you want https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Nicke...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584001420448837&psc=1 It is called copper nickel brake line...It cost more, but will never rust out like typical tinned steel brake line.
Thanks for the help guys!