Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SN, help with codes?

roadrunner81 · 2022-08-08 00:15

Hello Members, I recently purchased a 580sn s/n JJGN58SNLHC742599 to add to our fleet, machine in question was shipped up to Washington from Arizona on a flat bed, currently has 3035hrs. Machine had 2996 when I picked it up from the dealer. I went to road this machine from our yard to a site down the road last Wednesday, everything seemed fine and then I heard the waring dinger and saw the light. Power was reduced, I thought about trying to restart it but was afraid it would not light again so I just limped it the rest of the way. Anyhow went in a couple of days later, guys had no problems that they noticed. I pulled the following codes;1058, 1052, 1056, 1051, 1062, 1061, 1057, 1055, 1054, 1059. The first batch of codes listed happened @ 2996hrs so kinda thinking this might be charging system related like the battery went dead but I really have no idea. Second batch of codes; 3338, 3425, 3334, 3688, these codes all show within the last few hrs of operation. Can someone help me out with these codes or provide a service manual? Thank You in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1gggraham2022-08-08 15:00

    1051,1052,1054,1055,1056,1057,1058 CAN Timeout Errors 3338 CAN Timeout 3425 Turbocharger: Over boost deviation at P2 too high in pressure charger regulator 3334 CAN Timeout 3688 Water sensor in the fuel filter: WIF sensor check is failed Hope this helps. The WIF is an easy check. The CAN Timeout errors can happen sometimes. If they constantly appear I'd check wiring. I've seen the CAN errors occur if the operator gets in and just cranks the key right over without letting the dash boot up.

  2. #2roadrunner812022-08-08 21:41

    gggraham, is the wif sensor mounted to a fuel filter or other? Big help!

  3. #3roadrunner812022-08-08 22:23

    My daughter and I just got back to the yard with this machine. I see the wif sensor on the secondary filter housing. I will try replacing the filters before investigating this code farther. Is there a way to clear codes from the dash or is that a dealer only thing? BTW, I have several times not waited for the dash to boot, oops.