Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 590 SM belt replacement

Dante827 ยท 2015-04-09 10:21

Hi All, How the heck do I replace a serp belt on my 590SM? The old one came off nicely in pieces but it looks like I need to separate the hydraulic pump coupler to get the new one on. Any tricks or suggestions? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1bowen2015-04-10 05:49

    I can't seem to find them at the moment but there are lots of threads on here about replacing the belt. The coupling does have to come loose enough to get the new belt on, and some are hard to get to. I have only worked on the 580SE and below is one link. I would suggest you think about a new tensioner also with the new belt. My coupling was worn and it had damaged the splines on the pump shaft, so you might need a new coupling.