I recently had my loader control valve come apart and liberate 50 liters of hydraulic fluid to my driveway. The screws that hold the valve together somehow vaporized into thin air. The Case dealership couldn't get the screws but had a kit which included the screws for only $1300 CDN. I stopped at Home depot and picked up some bolts for a buck and a half and after 50 liters of new hydraulic fluid, it was up and running again. I could really use a service manual but the dealership wants over $1600 for one so I've been studying the parts manuals to figure things out as well as pestering the service department for information.
Welcome, See the links https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-580N-...891254?hash=item548273f8b6:g:wlgAAOSw59hejgom https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-580N-580SN-WT-590SN-TIER-3-LOADER-BACKHOE-OPERATORS-MAINTENANCE-MANUAL/282703264020?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=225086&meid=7318ca51b188400e8351a21718265bbd&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=12&mehot=co&sd=362965891254&itm=282703264020&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=SimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Thanks for the info highwayghost, I saw several manuals online for cheap but most look like a scam. I have Tier 4A with a DPF but no DEF and need manual PN:47365539. I found a paper one on eBay for a couple hundred and I will probably get it on order but with COVID ongoing who knows when/if it will arrive.
Check the listing for the return policy. Paying with PayPal also helps with getting your money back if needed.
I definitely would be tightening the rest of those screws. Oil is a little off color as well. Just an observation.
Thanks DB2. I thought it looked a bit off color as well but it may have absorbed some water since this picture was the morning after and all the snow melted the day before. I put Case HY-TRAN in it and the color of the fluid in the reservoir is not that odd yellow/green color. I don't know what brand the previous owner used. I checked the rest of the screws. HY-TRAN isn't cheap but I don't know enough about it to substitute another brand. The machine only has 2500 hrs so it was due for a change.