Hey guys. One of the control valves on my backhoe is leaking. It seems to be slowly getting worse. It seems to be coming out of the spool for the swing I believe. Has anyone had this issue and repaired it? I’m not sure what is usually involved when one of these starts leaking like this.
Is it coming from the spool behind that relief valve? There might be a cover that you can remove to lift up to expose an o ring under there, set in a recess in the valve body and around the spool, easy enough to change without removing the spool, if you can get to it. Doesn't look to bad to reach, I think I've done a few similar.
I think there is a plate in the floor I can take off to get a better idea exactly where it’s coming from. And I should do that. I started a fairly big project that I need the machine for right now so I don’t want to tear I to it just yet, but it’s leaking bad enough it leaves a puddle after a half hour of digging so fixing it is on my mind tonight. It’s nice to know it’s possibly an easy repair.