Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 590 Super R Backhoe dump trailer hydraulic?

KaMu ยท 2023-04-08 15:21

Hi, I need help with Case hydraulics. The machine is a Case 590 Super model year 2004. I recently purchased a dump trailer and it has a single-acting cylinder. All outputs in the Case seem to be double-acting. Where can I find the pressure side of the valve table and the free return so that I could build a new single-acting valve in between? Or would there be other better suggestions? I attached a couple of pictures of the valve table. Any help are wolcome.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-04-08 20:54

    Just a thought.---- Remove and replace the single acting cylinder for a two way cyl. Then, I think you could use one of the stabilizer circuits to operate it. That will require a bit of plumbing to divert the flow from the stabilizer cyl. to the dump trailer cylinder. I have done a modification like that to operate a thumb on the backhoe. It works quite well.

  2. #2Delmer2023-04-08 21:16

    As far as I know, Case backhoes are open center hydraulics, so you'll need more than just a tee into the pressure line. Easiest will be a tee into a line going to one of the cylinders and a true zero pressure return, and another single valve to operate the one way dump cylinder while the other cylinder is at the end of it's stroke. You'll probably need the zero pressure return to let the one way cylinder retract, the return is usually not zero pressure on most hydraulic systems.