Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 545 or 555 backhoe?

Ford 753 backhoe · 2023-04-09 17:49

Hello; I have a ford 753 backhoe from my 4500 industrial loader backhoe tractor with a blown motor. Instead of buying an engine and splitting the tractor etc., I wanted to get a 545 (which is a relative to mine) or a 555. Has anyone fastened a 753 or a 755 backhoe with the 4500 subframe to one of the above models? It looks promising as the subframe has all the backhoe mounts. It just bolts in two holes on the sides at the front and then use “u” bolts to fasten under the rear axle. I was thinking of using loader, frame and the backhoe all from my old one so I don’t have to worry about any welding to any existing loaders etc.. widths and lengths of wheelbase etc look very close but without a design it’s hard to know what I will run into. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-04-10 01:05

    I think you need to do some careful measuring and see if you can look at some parts lists for the different tractors and hoes to see if the mounting hardware is the same.