Hello everyone, I'm trying to get info, mostly on workshops, garages (heavytools scrap yard?) which can repair a Powershift gear lever (Hitachi if I'm correct) for a CASE 590 Super R (2004). I want to sell this Backhoe because I'm retired, but this 590 Super R just doesn't shift to 3rd and 4th gear, because of an alarm (powershift problem), booting it in "safe mode" where only 1st and 2nd gears are switchable. Everything else has been serviced, this problem is the only one remaining, and I've checked everything I could: solenoids, wires, plugs and it's ok, the only unknown is the lever itself. So I've checked how to change it but between one telling me it cost 5000€ but is no longer produced (CASE) and another who's gonna "send it to UK to get fixed", I'm not serene and starting to lose hope, so I've decided to try this forum. Can someone help me?
Found this: https://machineryline.co.ma/-/vente...d-dashboard-gear-shifte--22052800072112559600 It is sold but if we can find it like this, I'm looking for it!
Google says it is a 84342285 (formerly 231520A2), if I'm reading correctly. Prices start at $200UsD all the way to $600UsD. Seems to be available. As for shipping from USA, I have no idea.
This one shows UK and in stock, but, I'm no Case expert, and I cannot be sure of correct part number. You provided no part number and "Super R" doesn't help me to learn. Toggle Switch Joystick Controller 84342285 for CASE 580N 580SN 590SN 580SN WT Bockhoe Loader Toggle Switch 84342285 for CASE 580N 580SN 590SN 580SN WT Bockhoe Loader uk.fridayparts.com
Thank you so much! So the exact type of Backshoe: 590 SR-4PS, year:2004, Serial number: N4GH000291 Model: TechType 699911740 Engine: 00113541 And for the Part Number: The erased label says: EGS71-GK12 S/N F BEA 164364 BOXNR 4501856
Okay. One I showed is different/ wrong. I found these peoples that purport to repair them. I never used them. EGS Shifter Repair Service for New Holland Loader Backhoes New Holland 95, LB110, LB110, LB, 110B and more. www.egsshifter.com
Welcome to HEF, Bernard ! Have you considered having a Case dealership technician determine what is actually wrong with it ?
FWIW--The SR version of the 590 was primarily sold in the European Market. It has a Dana T6000 transmission in it. Here is a description of the control valve operation from the service manual. Are there any codes being displayed ?
Welcome to HEF @Bernard Petit Simply replacing the controller may not fix your problem, if the transmission has a bad sensor or coil in the transmission control valve. You really need a service manual to diagnose this problem, as the controller uses a sequence of blinking lights to tell you what faults exist in the transmission. My guess is that the speed sensor is not working - when that occurs the controller will not allow shifts above 2nd gear, because it does not know how fast the machine is travelling. They are expensive & the transmission control valve must be removed to replace the sensor - so it is vital to carry out test proceedures before simply replacing the sensor. I'm not 100% sure of the difficulty of actually removing the transmission control valve on a SR, with the transmission in place, as I have never needed to perform this repair on this model before ..... but my instinct tells me it won't be easy......
Bernard; Do you have the service manual ?
Hello, thank you for the answer. Yes, I have the service manual, I though it was implied when I said "everything is serviced" in my first message. And it's by following it that I found out the problem came from the powershift lever. I have made all the tests, on the solenoids, the wires and plugs to see if the electric current was continuous trough all of it, so that no info or signal was lost. This is why I'm asking for help on this forum, I've literally tried everything else and the "Case Dealership technician" told me that the part usually cost 5000€ and is no longer produced/available. Thank you.
Hello, thank you for your solicitude. I'm sorry but the replacement or repair would be the only options, because the speed sensor was my first guess too. It was really difficult to remove the transmission control valve, and the speed sensor is brand new (and expensive). I guess I'm already a bit further in the diagnosis process, sorry for not having been clear enough. I'll synthesize: I'm looking for someone/a company who can repair or sell repair kits or even replace a Powershift, part nb: 85818993. Thanks again.
Thank you, I have found one in France too, I'll check both to chose the best option for me. TRACTOPELLE SR, SM TABLEAU DE BORD - SERIE SR, SM, TABLEAU DE BORD - SERIE SR, SM, LEVIER COMMANDE EGS 40KPH POWERSHIFT - SERIE SR & SM, E, FB, LB, NH, LEVIER COMMANDE EGS 20KPH POWERSHIFT - SERIE SR & SM, E, FB, LB, NH www.breizelec.fr
Have you gone through the test preccedure for the speed sensor since it was replaced? Does it opertate the light modes as shown in the manual? Did your new sensor have the wiring harness with it or did you have the type where you connect the 3 wires to the control valve electrical socket?