Just bought this beast, getting to know it. In process of changing out fluids. Planned on changing engine oil however removed plug for torque converter by mistake. Seems like the torque converter and Torque tube have different reservoirs. I cant seem to find dip stick for torque converter reservoir. I see a fill plug on passenger side of block but dont see a way to check fill level. Do i replace TCH through fill port on Rt side of converter then check level via the torque tube dipstick?
Welcome to HEF, Dan ! Are you sure it is a 590B ? The tractor serial number is needed to get you accurate information.
My bad it's a 580B ck I'll get the SN tonight, I know I'll need it to order parts. I talked to local Case mechanic, he said I just drained the torque converter housing. To add TCH to torque tube fill and move tractor back and forth, check torque tube dipstick until full. Does that sound right?