Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 590sl what fluids to use?

ckinser1 ยท 2015-03-01 21:44

My new to me machine will be here in a couple of days and the first order of business is a full lube job. I was wondering if there was any fluids that would be good that came from a common retailer like Walmart or tractor supply. I plan on using full synthetic rotella for the engine so that leaves the hydraulic and transmission. I only ask this because the only case dealer I have is 35 miles away and has crazy high prices. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Not You2015-03-02 07:12

    I have a 580SL which should be similar to yours. It specs TCH fluid for the hydraulics and HyTran for the axles and transmission. I used what the manual spec'd and I would recommend you do the same. A lot of places are having filter sales this time of year, and sometimes the fluids are on sale as well.