Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 590sn grease point question…

Donovan572 · 2025-04-30 22:59

I'm a newb to TLBs and I don't see a grease fitting for the joint shown in the picture. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-05-01 08:00

    If there is not a zerk fitting on the back side of that pin, then it’s a non greasable pin. Not that uncommon, there are some pins on my 580 SE that I think should be greasable but are not. If you have the operators manual, they will usually show you visually, the grease points. If you don’t have one, I suggest you get one, in fact get all three as they usually prove to be invaluable, if you plan on doing any work yourself.

  2. #2Bote2025-05-12 12:29

    There's no grease fitting at that spot on the 580M and I believe the 590SN is the same. There are two bushings pressed into each control arm. These bushings were "gone" on my TLB when I bought it, and the loader linkage was very loose. There was no evidence bushings had ever been there. I was fortunate the bushing bores in the loader arms were OK. I installed bushings and replaced the spacer tubes that go in the bushing bores. I did this 5 years ago and they're already loose again, but nowhere as bad as they were.