I found out that the machine had a leak around the clamp of the in-line filter after going through 20 gal of fuel quickly. I cut out the bad piece and re-affixed the line to the filter and went on with life. 20 min later, it quit. I thought it ran out of fuel, so I filled it up and cranked to no end till the battery gave out. It was not out of fuel however, so air in the lines is probably not the issue. Also a weird thing, the left control arm feels like it is stuck or not connected. Would anybody have a starting point for me? I usually lift the arms with the starter a little at a time but I cannot this time and cannot open the lid. Thank you in advance for any ideas.
The lack of left control is likely the linkage. Mine went out on my 440. Once you can pop the hood, look at the control arms and it should evident. As to get it started. I would guess you lost prime. Easy to check, just to be sure.
Thank you for the starting point. The left control arm does not feel free like something broke, but rather hindered from moving. Any ideas how to lift the arms if I cannot get it started?
There should be a lever inside, might be red if i remember right, pull up on it and it will release the hydraulics, you will need another machine to lift loader arms, and then lock them with the red bar on loader arms.