Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 620 or Cat 299 or JD 335 or Kubota 97 (alphabetically)

wsr37825 ยท 2024-10-06 14:24

I'm givein some thought to buying a new CTL. Got dealers from 40 to 50 miles for all 4. Comments, good, bad or indifferent . Thanks BTW I know that the dealer is just as important as the colur of the machine

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2024-10-06 15:56

    I think much depends on what you want to do with it. I have spent a bit of time with the 620, ended up buying a 550. What the 620 is best at is moving material. The huge bucket, extra weight, high lift height with an incredible ROC, it really has no equal of those machines you list in that area. The downside is its big, and heavy. The 335 I think will be a good mulching machine, it appears they have spent a lot of time to fixing some of the issues that the 333 has with that. I don't think I would consider a 97-2, if you want Kubota, I would wait for the -3. I feel much the same about the 299, Cat is releasing their next series, and I would want to see what the 299 equivalent has to offer.