Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 621C instrument cluster problem

Pat E · 2016-10-01 08:33

Hi Guys, My 621c instrument cluster (part no.278823A4) has gone blank also disabling trans and bucket controls. Engine starts and runs. Instrument cluster will light all readouts and warning lights when program switch is pushed, will also show correct readouts of oil press, temp, trans selection etc when program switch is held down but won't allow trans or bucket movement. Once program switch is released, screen goes blank. Buzzer sounds continious. Fuses, relays, earths all checked, cleaned and good. Power and earths to IC are good. Case tech manual resolution if power to pin 1 and 2 on IC is good (which it is) with blank screen and no trans/hyd controls is to replace IC which costs $5000. I have to order this from USA at my risk, if it doesnt fix it, tough luck. Has anyone seen this and does it sound right? Instrument cluster does contain computer that controls/overrides trans/hydraulics. Machine is very tidy and in excellent order with 5700 hours. Before this everything worked perfect. If anyone can confirm this would be much appreciated

Replies16
  1. #1James Vaughan2017-06-12 10:07

    Hi Pat just came across your text , i have exactly the problems on a case 521d case loader and was wondering have you fixed it? , did u have to buy an Instrument cluster ? Thanks James

  2. #2GaryHoff2017-06-12 22:15

    Likely he had to replace the cluster, as there was power at pins 1 and 2. Grounds are pins 8, 37, 38, 39, The C series and D series use the same clusters.

  3. #3Corey Watkins2020-03-21 10:22

    I was wondering Pat did you have to buy a new cluster or not. I have a 721 D doing the same thing and I cant seem to fix it. I had my cluster sent to a company that fixes green boards and they said they fixed some stuff on it but when I got it back and put it on the machine. It did the same thing like they did nothing to it. I need help. Do just need to get a new one or a refurbished one or what. Thank you

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2020-03-23 19:18

    You’ll need to replace the cluster in your machine.

  5. #5William Schuda2021-01-21 09:58

    Did you find out what was wrong? What was it? Also where did you send your IC to get it fixed? William

  6. #6JOHN BAVARO2024-03-07 11:29

    HEY GUYS , we have the same issues with a instrument cluster on a CASE 721 and we find this guys FROM Dashboard Instrument Cluster in Toronto Canada . They fix it for us . I understand they have a office in Miami USA too and i was told by our local Case dealership they are approved CASE refurbished / repair facility . i hope that will help

  7. #7bigahmad092024-04-29 21:19

    Hi John I have a 2000 case 721c and my cluster went out abd cause the machine from moving and the hydraulic to move. I called that cluster repair company down in miami and sent them cluster to get it checked. They told me to repair my cluster they wanted 6000 dollars. I told him ur insane 6k just to fix a cluster. I told him no sorry I can't please send me back my cluster he said there is a $730 for check up fee. It jumped from $150 check up fee to $730 fee. I'm like I'm not gonna pay you 730 for u to just loom at it. So my cluster is still at his shop and I'm trying to find a used refurbished or new one but I haven't had any luck yet. I called lots of places non of them got it. I was hoping if anyone of you find out where I can buy it. I need on ASAP.

  8. #8Coy Lancaster2024-04-29 21:24

    Have you checked Schaefer Enterprises yet?

  9. #9bigahmad092024-04-29 22:26

    No do they sell case parts?

  10. #10Coy Lancaster2024-04-29 22:33

    Yes they do 800-626-6046

  11. #11bigahmad092024-04-29 22:37

    Thanks I will call them tomorrow.

  12. #12bigahmad092024-04-30 23:39

    Do you know any way we cab by pass the cluster and operate the machine without it?

  13. #13Coy Lancaster2024-05-01 06:46

    No I do not know of any way to by pass the IC

  14. #14bigahmad092024-05-19 23:15

    Hi how much did you pay for the repairs?

  15. #15JOHN BAVARO2024-10-04 21:33

    hey bigahmad09 , we paid around $6200 US including shipping and insurance , a bit over what we expect , but come in like new , impressed with the quality of work . any way they are the only ones around , i called my Case dealership and i was told they use the same guys but the shop in Miami . they told us this people have one location in Toronto Canada and one in Miami Florida . good luck

  16. #16billysmith2025-08-15 12:27

    hello, did the cluster fix your problem or did it end up being something else thanks