I recently purchased a case 650 H dozer, my first dozer. It has 2300 hrs. runs great but I have one question that nobody I know can answer not even the service manager at the local case store. It steers fine with the pedals and with the transmission, but when you hit the skinny middle pedal that depresses both left and right pedals it barely stops the dozer if you are giving it much throttle, it acts as if it is only braking and not engaging the clutches for both tracks. It will stop the dozer but barely and it loads the engine so I know the clutches are not engaged. So my question is when you press the skinny middle pedal to stop the dozer is it supposed to engage both clutches, and if so do I need to adjust linkage to take up slack in the pedals? And if it isn't supposed to engage clutches only brake the machine is it normal for the machine to barely hold still at full throttle. thanks, in advance. Jay
I am not totally familiar with the 650H but looking at the parts catalog it seems like there is a clutch disengage function on the center pedal, http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr57178ar1085391 The parts diagram is hard to follow and it looks like there is no connection to the brakes on the center pedal only the clutch knockout which is adjustable. It may be optional to have the center pedal engage the brake but not the clutch, and I use this facility on my 455C often as the trans provides some braking when left engaged for finer control. You would have to consult the owners manual to see what the center pedal is supposed to do. If the clutches are still engaged I would not expect the brake to easily stop the machine while at full throttle. Hope that is some help.