Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 680B Shuttle Piston

thomps22 · 2024-07-04 20:13

Hi all, in need of some advice. I have a Case 680B and the forward clutch was worn out. I bought one and in the process of replacing it noticed the mating ‘piston’ was broken. I’m unable to locate a used one. Ideas: - weld what we have (cast iron) - machine a new one (out of steel or cast iron?) - ??? Any thoughts are appreciated! Piston part number is A14830.

Replies8
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-07-04 22:25

    Check avspare.com or brokentractor.com

  2. #2Dave Neubert2024-07-05 07:51

    that comes up as a John Deere part are you sure that is the part number

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-07-05 08:30

    It is normal for older Case TLBs part numbers to come up as a John Deere part.

  4. #4thomps222024-07-05 10:26

    Will do, thanks for the lead.

  5. #5thomps222024-07-05 10:33

    I think it is the correct part number, but not 100% sure, I downloaded the parts fiche from Case and this is what is gave me. It is definitely #18 in the picture as I have the part out on the bench....whether the PN is correct I do not know.

  6. #6Tinkerer2024-07-05 13:51

    I had very good luck with Joseph Industries. www.joseph.com/parts_list.asp?Brand=Case&Class=Clutch+Cylinders%2C+Pistons%2C+Hubs

  7. #7thomps222024-07-10 19:13

    Joseph industries found me a used one. Thank you very much for the lead! Much appreciated.

  8. #8Tinkerer2024-07-11 09:12

    Keep us up to date on your progress.