Good afternoon "All" , I would appreciate it if any one out there can tell me where I can get two ( 2 ) Case 680c Construction King back-hoe "break shoe slack adjusters" . Case part number is L-35572 for a machine about 47 years old . New factory or after market or even used but working . Called and went to a couple of Case dealer's in Virginia and was told they are obsolete with no cross over numbers available . Tried one trucking company and they almost had a similar one but the guy finally said it wouldn't work . I'm not a mechanic ! I've got a mechanic helping me but I'm the one trying to find the parts . Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated . I can be reached at [email protected] or 703-408-5227 In the mountains of Virginia .Thank you in advance for your help . James E. "Mac" McGrail / TheRedoubt1942
What happened that you need two of them ? Make a phone call to Randy at. --> https://www.farmlandtractor.com/ Send an email to [email protected] he is a retired Case dealer in Canada with a salvage yard.
Dale Wiess had a Case dealership for many years and closed it down. He is still selling NOS,Case OEM and aftermarket parts. He also has a salvage yard. http://e-backhoeparts.com/
Good morning , Sir , How are you and yours this morning . I hope you are well and safe from thuis virus thing . I live pretty far back in the mountain country here in Virginia so that it hasn't gotten here yet . I'm sure it will eventually though . There has been one case about 30 miles from here all ready . Many people here commute into washington , D.C. and even though most that do so are outside workers --- eventually one or some of them will bring it home with them here . A lot of the churches and group programs and buildings are closed here to keep people apart but many of those folks have begun to go out to help those that can't get around and unfortunately some of those folks will catch it . I'm going to put two ( 2 ) of the "Brake Shoe Slack Adjusters" on it as a precaution into the future --- one went bad the other may as well so replace it now and save the other one ( haven't taken that one off yet ) if it is still in good shape . I've taken the attitude that if I can I want this project done right and to make it as good a machine as I can into the future . Again , as before , I can't thank you enough for all your help and I wish for you and yours a safe , happy and healthy future . Please stay safe . The world needs people like you now more than ever . My best to you , Sir . Mac McGrail
Mac, In regards to the virus- We in Illinois are under a stay at home order by our governor. Thanks for the kind wishes. Please keep up posted on your quest for the adjusters. There are quite a few salvage yards for heavy equipment throughout the US. Just take your time and do a through Google search for them.
You may be able to find the adjusters at a local semi trailer parts store.
Good morning Mr. Lancaster , Thank you for your reply to my quest for the "Brake Adjusters" . I have two that I am hoping will work for me this morning . I very much appreciate your's and every one else's reply's on this forum that have made it so much easier for me to accomplish my project . My best to you and yours , Sir. Mac McGrail
Good morning to you also. I hope the parts that you have will work. Have a blessed day.
Where did you find them , Mac ?
Hi Tinkerer , I made my first purchase about a week or two for this project at an outfit called "ConEquip" out of New York State some place from a man named "Wes" .Good guy that tried to be very helpful and was . Don't know where he got it but I suspect it wasn't a stock item for them but --- who cares where they got it . It was a rebuilt original pump . Might have been a new one as good as it looked . They warrant their stuff for 6 months for most things . Some used stuff for 90 days . The "Break Adjusters" I found a used set at the same place but the price was/is very high on them . Found another pair from a gentleman in this forum with the name of Mr. Marleau . He offered them at a fair price and I will be getting them from him as soon as my mechanic gets here in the morning to look at the photo's of them Mr. Marleau sent me . Nice gentleman almost as old as I am . I hope you and yours are doing well this day . Getting a little tough around here to find things in the grocery stores in the closest town to me at Front Royal , Virginia . I have been out all morning today buying food stocks for the house . People are "NUT'S" here and buying stuff like the world is ending . Empty shelves are the order of the day . I hope you are well and comfortably stocked up and "Keeping your Head down" as they say . My best to you and "All" who are reading this . James E. "Mac" McGrail
JC Marleau is a super nice man. I have been buying from him from quite a while. I always sent US cash. Never had a problem doing that and he gets an advantage with the exchange rate. After a couple or purchases he would send me parts before I even had the payment in the mail. That is how trustworthy both of us are !
Hello , again , "T" , I will do the same thing with the payment .I will order them now and get his mailing address . I'll take your word . I value trust and reputation and integrity myself . I'm old enough to remember days when written contracts were not necessary . Have a great evening . Mac