Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 680E fuel primer on injection pump leaking ? whats its use ?

bigrich954rr · 2018-11-10 19:38

i have a case 680E backhoe the primer pump on the fuel injection pump is leaking out the black top that unscrews if you unscrew it and pull it up fuel just starts pouring out . is this part needed ? is it only used for when you run out of fuel ive never had to use or mess with it till it started leaking all over .

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2018-11-10 20:33

    you gotta stick something in that hole You can either fix what's leaking, find a new primer pump to replace it, or figure out how to plug the hole where you took it out. If I remember right, the second option would be my first choice. In an emergency, use some teflon tape on the threads and don't mess with it.

  2. #2bigrich954rr2018-11-10 21:06

    Ok sweet ill be capping that off. Cause all it’s doing is leaking now Thank you

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-11-11 03:10

    I've got 1, actually I have about 50,,lol Contact me if u wanna replace it.. click on my screen name on the left for contact info.

  4. #4Tinkerer2018-11-11 10:58

    I have the same type pump on my T/L/B andI recommend replacing it. It makes priming the system a lot easier if you run it out of fuel. Been there and done that way tooo many times.

  5. #5bigrich954rr2018-11-11 17:10

    Yea I’m going to buy one I was dreading trying to find a part. But the pump guy made getting one easy.