Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 680e shuttle maybe rebuild it ?

bigrich954rr · 2019-07-22 14:29

its been a while just packed with work and rebuild stuff around the farm I will update other threads as I get there. Well the Adapter plate cracked allowing the torque converter to wobble around and leak out fluid may have slipped it a few times not sure about Previous owner but worked semi-OK before the leaks got bad. Pretty much rebuilt the whole backhoe thinking about trying to refresh the shuttle before putting it back together.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-07-22 22:23

    Cracked flex plates and completely broken flex plates are common problem in T/L/Bs. I had to replace the one in mine. It was on the verge of complete failure due to several cracks in it.

  2. #2bigrich954rr2019-07-23 12:38

    Yea mine was very crack the torque converter was ready Waddling around in there it was completely detached from it only reason it still drove back-and-forth is the plate bent and some of the mounting bolt holes were catching on the edge of it . I’ve put so much new stuff in it thing. I might as well part a new pump and clutch plates in it haha to. It will be like a loose new backhoe