Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question for Alrman

sr-oz · 2019-07-23 06:26

Alrman, seeking your advice. Got to replace the engine mounts on the old 580k. Can you recommend a place in oz to get the engine mounts from at a reasonable price? Part # D60627 x 2 and D133316 x 2 , I tried one place and prices were $35 ea inc gst and $66 ea inc gst. Was hoping to get them for a little less. U.S. citizens are lucky in that they have heaps of choices and cheap prices compared to us. I'd consider getting them from overseas but the postage is insane. Any thoughts?

Replies15
  1. #1Vetech632019-07-23 07:13

    Lions, Tigers, and Bears...………..OH MY! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

  2. #2sr-oz2019-07-23 08:27

    :0)

  3. #3alrman2019-07-23 16:24

    Sorry mate, I only use genuine as there isn't any other choice that I have come across that is convenient. I just grin & bear it. You could try Griffith Traders, but I don't know if the savings will be that great??

  4. #4sr-oz2019-07-23 18:13

    Thanks for the reply alrman, I know exactly where you're coming from. Cheers.

  5. #5hammertime2019-07-23 19:09

    Yeah tractor stuff is cheaper in the US. But the koala meat is really expensive here

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2019-07-23 19:32

    Yeah Roo meat too

  7. #7Vetech632019-07-23 20:52

    ^^^^^^

  8. #8sr-oz2019-07-23 23:06

    C'mon Guys it's getting off track here a little you need a new thread to comment on by the looks of it.........Hey have you tried emu meat?

  9. #9Queenslander2019-07-24 04:37

    Patriotic bunch aren’t we? How many other nations eat the critters on their coat of arms?

  10. #10alrman2019-07-24 06:16

    Let's not forget the Crocs!......Taste like chicken .......

  11. #11joe--h2019-07-24 20:28

    Don't know about crocs, but alligator doesn't taste like chicken. If it did, it'd be a hell of a lot easier to just eat chicken? Joe H

  12. #12Coy Lancaster2019-07-24 21:06

    I don't know what your chickens taste like down under but croc of gator doesn't taste like chicken neither does frog legs.

  13. #13sr-oz2019-07-24 21:17

    You Guys, fair dinkum.....

  14. #14Coy Lancaster2019-07-24 21:20

    Always wanted to visit Australia

  15. #15sr-oz2019-08-12 06:32

    Just an update on the engine mounts, I ended up going genuine, actually wasn’t too scary. I just wanted to report the difference the new mounts made. What a difference! I recommend if your 580 k or similar vibrates excessively change the mounts. At idle my exhaust used to wobble but not any more she’s quite still. The engine still rocks a tad at idle as other members have reported on this forum but it now doesn’t transfer to the whole machine as before. My old girl has just clocked 10000 hrs and still goes well. One of the rear mounts I’m sure was upside down it was newer looking and was probably done by the previous owner, the other 3 were displaced and in very ordinary condition. ***** of a job but well worth doing also repaired a few other faults while at it. Took off fan cowl left radiator in place undid mounts and carefully jacked front of engine up first with a jack either side of oil pan where the bolts meet the block. Then did the rears. Bit of stuffing around but very pleased with the result. Thanks to all that have reported this job previously I was able to research the procedure before I started. Especially the magnetic pick up tool!