Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 680e tilt and lift spools

Scott b · 2024-07-14 07:44

Hi, both the lift and tilt spools are leaking hydraulic fluid badly and I’m thinking I need to change the orings in them. My question is if it’s possible to do without removing the valve from the machine. I’ve never taken one apart before. I can acces the front and back somewhat. Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-07-14 16:32

    Separate the backhoe from the tractor and remove the valve. It is easier than being a contortionist and doing it on the machine. Reseal all of the spools now so you don't have to do it again when the others start to leak. Get a lot of colored zip ties and use them to keep the hose locations where they belong.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2024-07-14 19:44

    Is this the loader valve or the backhoe valve?

  3. #3Scott b2024-07-15 04:58

    Sorry, for not clarifying. It is the loader valve.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2024-07-15 06:34

    You can remove the spools from the valve while it’s on the machine but it’s easier if you remove it.

  5. #5Scott b2024-07-15 09:30

    It’s the loader valve

  6. #6Scott b2024-07-15 09:35

    Ok, thanks. That’s what I thought may be the case. I have the parts diagram but unsure of the disassembly process of removing the spools. It looks like maybe they unscrew from the back. Does that sound right?

  7. #7Scott b2024-07-15 09:42
  8. #8Scott b2024-07-15 09:43

    This is the same one I found online.

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2024-07-15 09:56

    Yeah should just take spring housings off and remove spools. They both have detents so remove spool with housings.

  10. #10Scott b2024-07-15 10:15

    Ok, thanks. Guess I gotta start trying to get all the hydraulic lines off.

  11. #11Scott b2024-07-15 10:34
  12. #12Scott b2024-07-15 10:37

    Looking at it more, I think if I take the air tank off I could get these out much easier than all those hydraulic lines. Does that make sense?