Hello, For a long time now I've been having issues with my hydraulic system. It will stall out sometimes boom, bucket, and arm functions. When I do a function, say boom up, you can see that the valve body is kinda shaking and the boom is not raising and the after a second or 2 it start to work. Same with bucket curl and dipper out. Today I realized that the emergency pump inside the cab was stuck closed(this is the pump you use in case of engine failure to release hydraulic pressure). I took it apart and cleaned it and got it working again. I have never used this pump since I've owned it and honestly didn't know what it was until today. I'm wondering if this could cause hydraulic issues while operating the machine? I can't check it currently because I'm having a cylinder repacked and I have the dipper off getting a hole bored. The reason I'm asking is because since the machine is having surgery I was going to take the main control valve off and have it gone through but now I don't know if I need to. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Erin
I'm sure you probably already know this, but the hydraulic pumps for those machines are literally un-obtainium. They don't exist anywhere except in still functioning machines.
Yeah, I have heard that. Parts are getting harder and harder to find.