Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 70XT Jumpstart

alfredo26 ยท 2013-08-21 10:45

Hello, I have a Case 70XT that needs a jumpstart.Can anybody please tell me how to jumpstart this machine?!? I have been trying for 2 days to figure out how to access battery with no luck. The bucket is down so there is no way I can tilt the cab to access the underside. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2013-08-21 13:18

    I don't know about that machine, but if you can put a charger on any wire that's hot, it will charge the battery back up. If you have to use jumper cables, try to find the biggest fuse and stick a wire into that terminal to charge it, don't try to start it hooked up like that. May have to turn the switch to the "accessory" position.

  2. #2BillG2013-08-21 14:33

    You don't need to tilt the cab to access the battery. It's below your feet, just take out the floor plate.

  3. #3alfredo262013-08-22 10:11

    First off, thank you Delmer and BillG for your input. BillG>I tried taking floor plate off. There is a lever under your left calf if you are sitting on the seat that makes this virtually impossible to remove. I couldnt remove it. Delmer>I swung open the back door of the machine to look for a fuse or wire to no avail. What I did discover during this process is that there are 2 poles located under the radiator along the bottom. One has a black cap and the other has a red cap. I removed the caps and saw what resembled gas fittings. Curiousity killed the cat so I put the jumper cables on and gave it a whirl and it fired up. Evidently, the 70XT has that there for this reason. I searched online even called a few CASE dealers and nobody knew about this. Regardless, thank you guys for the input. It was greatly appreciated.