Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 8875 purches?

swampyankee ยท 2013-08-23 11:02

hi im new here and looking into buying a john deere 8875 skid steere 2001 with low hours any info would help

Replies3
  1. #1td25c2013-08-23 22:06

    We have a 1997 8875 / New Holland 885. Pretty good machine.Been a good earner over the years.

  2. #2JD88752013-08-23 22:33

    I have a 95 8875 with 3300 hours on it now. I've had it 6 years and worked it hard lots of days. Short of a water pump and occasional hose trouble free. The one thing I hate is having to pull the radiator to properly wash out the hydraulic cooler. I'd buy another one though..... Its been a workhorse and runs cheap enough. I love the long wheelbase for lift and carry chores. Good luck John

  3. #3durallymax2013-08-24 12:23

    We had an LS180 back in the day which would be similar and also have had over the years a 675B JD, L555 Deluxe NH, 5575JD, and multiple LS170s. They are fairly simple reliable easy to work on machines. I should add they are easy to work on as long as you have the boom in the air. I really hated that they got rid of the easy side access to the motor on the new ones. They have a few issues here and there but nothing too major really. Some electrical issues that take a little while to track but fairly simple. One thing to look for though is how worn the boom is. With the design of the NH boom, the pins take a lot of stress and it will get fairly sloppy over time. Put the boom partway up and shake it side to side, that should give you a good idea. Its normal for them to shake some, our brand new L220 would shake, but if they hit the cab its time for some work.