Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 70XT Skid loader boom & bucket tilt problems

WSC ยท 2017-03-01 14:23

Hello all, New to this site very first post. I have a CASE 70XT skid loader that I am having issues with the booms and bucket tilt. A few days ago I was scraping the cow lot, when I was done I went to put my pallet forks. Shut off the loader, for a few min and when I started it back up my booms were real sluggish and the bucket tilt will tilt down but will not tilt up. I got in the shop and did a pressure test on it. My pressure is at 600psi. My first thought was the gear pump went out so I picked up a new one and put it on. But still no change, thankfully the local case dealer took the pump back. Can you guys help me with what my next step should be to check? I appreciate any and all feed back. Thank you!

Replies14
  1. #1alrman2017-03-01 18:38

    Welcome to HEF @WSC ! Wow! A Case dealer that cares.... still not enough to suggest inspecting the main relief valve. Remove the valve & visually inspect the drillings around the base, likely, there will be some trash stuck in it holding it open. I'm hoping this is the correct control valve for your machine. PS @willie59 or @digger242j G'day, this post should be in skid steers, thanks guys.

  2. #2WSC2017-03-01 19:38

    Thank you for the input. I will look and see if this is what my control valve looks like.

  3. #3alrman2017-03-01 19:46

    What ever it looks like, it will have a main relief valve, this should be your first port of call.

  4. #4TravellingTec2017-03-11 13:01

    I realize this is belated but might it be the auxiliary pedal is partially engaged?

  5. #5WSC2017-03-28 18:23

    Alrman I checked my relief valve and as you suggested it did have junk around it. I cleaned the valve and put it back in. I can now get my booms to go up and down at full speed but only if I pull out the lever down by my feet I am guessing this is a hydraulic release of some sort. And now the loader won't move. Could I have an electrical issue somewhere?

  6. #6alrman2017-03-28 23:04

    "Loader wont move"?? I am assuming you talking about the loader frame raising up & down? Or is the entire machine not driving forward or back? If it is just the loader frame - In the picture above you can see two shaded solenoids, these are the safety locks to prevent loader frame movement while entering or leaving the cabin. One controls lift (with manual release) & the other bucket tilt. Is only the lift affected? - Tilt is working OK? You will need to check power to these with operator in the seat, lap bar down & entry door (if fitted) closed........ not the easiest thing to do. If it is only the lift not releasing, chances are that the solenoid needs replacing due to open or short circuit. It is possible to eliminate these solenoids - however they are a safety feature of the machine & should someone be hurt or killed due to a falling loader frame, in the future..... well, you know how it goes.

  7. #7WSC2017-03-29 07:56

    Sorry for the unclear post I made. The loader will not move backwards or forward. As well as the bucket tilt does not work, the only way I can get my booms to move up or down is to pull out the manual release. When I lower the cab down and try to operate my control arm for bucket tilt out it is stuck I can move the arm in towards me for bucket tilt back but I can not get it to move out for bucket tilt out. I don't have any warning lights showing on the loader once I put my lap bar down. Most of the time I can figure this stuff out but this has me stumped. I appreciate your help. You have been way more helpful than my local Case dealer has been that's for sure.

  8. #8alrman2017-03-29 19:04

    Those safety solenoids require 12V to enable the control valve spools to move. It would seem there is no power going to them - this needs to be confirmed. Have you checked all your fuses? Look for the 'interlock' fuse. Do you have 3 green illuminated lights on the RH instrument cluster, while sitting in the seat & with the lap bar down & ign on? The drive will not operate unless all systems are green.

  9. #9WSC2017-03-29 21:26

    I got it! It was a blown fuse. Changed fuse and it is back to a fully functional loader. Thank you so much for the help!! Much appreciated

  10. #10alrman2017-03-30 00:19

    That's good news. You're welcome

  11. #11Billrog2017-03-30 15:46

    It's always nice to be back up and running.

  12. #12RYAN BRANUM2019-02-14 07:07

    Hello I have a problem with a 60xt. Changed seal on drive motor. Now will not move. All three green lights are on but nothing. I am just a poor do it yourself guy trying to get machine back up and running. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thank you

  13. #13alrman2019-02-15 18:17

    Welcome to HEF @RYAN BRANUM Have you checked all fuses & relays? What was involved in the drive motor repair? Was the drive motor removed to do the repair? Were the tandem pumps removed to do so? If so, was the work area inside the machine cleaned before hoses were removed?

  14. #14Vetech632019-02-18 07:54

    I really want alrman to fix this one, then we need one more for the HAT TRICK! I'm routing for you brother!