Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lucas CAV pump parts?

joe--h ยท 2017-02-28 11:38

I need a top cover for a Lucas DPA injector pump. V3340F000 B16192 model DH 2643C278LS-3-2310 I've found several different parts dealers listing 5 or 6 different covers but none of them have the info to figure out which one I need. I need the type with 3 holes on the left side, there is a bracket bolted to the side that some covers don't have. Where to get one? It's a Perkins A4/236 Edit to add, the pictures of some of the different covers look identical but different part numbers Joe H

Replies9
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-02-28 12:12

    7180-872A Top cover As you probably already know your going to need the gaskets for the top cover, the shut off/throttle shafts and the top nuts.. you might as well just get an entire gasket kit.. Kit #>> 7135-110 Good luck w/ your repair.. If you need any help or find its to much for you, let me know.

  2. #2joe--h2017-02-28 13:19

    Found a few places selling that cover, none in the US? Ebay & Amazon no got, no US source that google turned up. I bought a gasket set a few months ago, but it needs a cover too. I must be missing somewhere here in the US that has one. Joe

  3. #3thepumpguysc2017-02-28 15:27

    Whats wrong w/ yours?? The bores gouged/wallowed?? I can resleeve it.. PM me or as they say now, "start a conversation".. ANY fuel shop can order it.. BUT your gonna pay $$

  4. #4joe--h2017-02-28 16:06

    The bleed screw stripped, been seeping for a long time. Finally started a constant leak. No inj shop around here, closest probably would be 100+ miles in El Paso TX. I thought I might as well just replace it and have no leaks. I did find one of those covers in Australia, and also England but not here. Or just haven't looked enough. Seems like it should be a common part, but not yet. Guess I could heli coil the housing if I can't find one. How much are they? Looks like $40 in Australia.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2017-02-28 16:14

    google 7123-888A.. company in Miami in stock 24.00

  6. #6joe--h2017-03-01 07:04

    Ordered one, $24 part, $14+ shipping. Thanks, Joe

  7. #7thepumpguysc2017-03-01 07:17

    Good deal.. woulda been about 100.00 at a fuel shop.. your welcome..

  8. #8joe--h2017-03-11 12:11

    Got the lid, it was a knock off but correct. No more leaks, life is good. Thanks Thepumpguysc Joe H

  9. #9thepumpguysc2017-03-11 12:45

    Happy to help..