When started and idle with seat bar up runs great but when seat bar pulled down idles rough and dies. Lifting the bar again and it idles just fine. Help!!
I own a 90XT so the wiring and safety switches should be similar. I would say you have the plunger switch shorting out or a bad connection that is grounding out somewhere. Also check your wires under and around the cab to see if one is pinched or rubbing. I just bypassed the switch on my seatbar by splicing the two wires together and everything has worked fine.
I have also bypassed bar switch and seat switch break stays on will not go off even when pushing red brake release switch. Runs and idles fine. Obviously bucket and steering controls will not work because breaks stay on
if you bypass the switch and lap bar, there is only one more thing to do. Run power to the passenger side solenoid which is a magnetic switch. It will release the brakes and hydraulics. Only problem is the parking brakes will not work, because you have just put 12 volts on the switch. This makes the lap bar and seat switch useless. Be careful, if you do this. Hitting a joystick getting in and out and the machine will move and hit you or what ever is around it. Parking brake will not work at all. I have used my 75xt this way for 2 years. It smarted me quick. Case says that magnetic switch goes out often.