Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 75XT

karacser0319 · 2015-09-26 11:31

I have a case 75xt that I am using, and it seems to have a problem. Whenever I try to start it, it starts, but I have a lot if trouble removing the parking brake. Usually after repeated attempts, usually taking 20-30 minutes, it removes the parking brake and starts working. Does anyone know what the problem is and what I could do to fix it. Any help is really appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-09-27 02:14

    Does the park brake light go off in the display, or does the light stay on? I have seen the park brake pin mounts come loose and cause issues. If the wet brakes are slow to release, could be warped disks or low charge pressure. Not sure if you have park pin or wet park brake.

  2. #2mountainlake2015-09-27 19:45

    Put a new switch in your left hand control first or you can hook the 2 wires together to bypass that switch. Steve

  3. #3Georgia Iron2015-09-27 19:54

    The problem is more likely to be the magnetic solenoid under the passenger side joystick handle. It activates when you hit your switch. It gets weak and won't release the brakes or other hydraulic functions. It is a common failure and runs about $100.00. It is below the joystick and inline with the actual hydraulics. Also watch the 3 lights on the key start panel. If they all are green you know your safetys switches are communicating with your computer board. If one is out you have another problem, possibly a bad board if your switches are working

  4. #4Scoobydo2022-07-07 16:28

    . Bought a 2000 75XT ; I've seen similar issues : was back dragging , and just stopped . It continued to run , but, lost all hydraulics, and parking light is on. I have all safety light working, but, " P ' light stays on and won't move. Replaced relay, and fuse. Read that it could be magnetic solenoid, or servo control dump. What do you think should be first to replace. It would help if I knew what I was looking for as well, picture.. Thank you all for any help; and if any suggestion fixes, I will compensate for info . Thanks again , Scooby

  5. #5Scoobydo2022-09-20 15:17

    Hi , I have same skid ; and same issues . I have replaced relay, and brake valve solenoid . Still nothing; mine just lost hydraulics while operating. I have all 3 safety lights working , but , the “P” stays on and have no hydraulics , won’t move ; starts and runs good . Was told to check hydraulic pump ; curious to what you’ve done .