The bolt that connects the control levers to the drive levers broke on one side. Looks like there is a bushing in the drive levers that I need to replace. Should probably do both sides. Problem is that I'm not sure how to get the drive levers off. There is a movable plate over the top of them that has a spring on one side. I think that if I remove the spring, then the whole movable plate will come off. Then the drive levers can be removed. The spring bolt doesn't seem to move very easy, must be a lot of pressure on this spring. Am I on the right path here for getting the drive levers off? I have a 2001 T190 and really am impressed with this machine.
Replying to my own thread! Found the procedure from "willie59" and this is going to help a whole bunch. The trick with the zip-ties is awesome. Now I have a bunch of new terms I learned: pintle arm, centering spring, centering plate, drive linkages, torsion bushing, ...... Awesome!
Welcome to HEF Turbo190. :drinkup Yes, you have an interesting project ahead of you, but it's do-able. Maybe a little intimidating on your first go around, but it's old hat for me since I've done so many of them. Yes, since you're taking it apart, replace the torsion bushings in both pintle arms, and you may want to measure it OD of the bushings, Bobcat used two different sizes and many times the parts counter will ask you which size OD your torsion bushings are. And check the pump control shafts for leakage when you take it apart. If one of both pump control shaft seals are leaking pretty bad you might want to sort that out as well while you have it apart. Good luck.
it's only the 1st 1000 or so that are the hardest, they get easier after that eh willy? :drinkup
For sure, you run out of choice swear words long before you figure out all the tricks.
LOL one of my co-workers uses a small engine valve spring compressor on the centering plate spring. problem is, on some models, you dont have enough room for it.. and both hands a flashlight the nut and tools. and lets not forget it's 0* F wind chills are -45* you have 3 layers of clothes on, 2 pair of gloves a hardhat and every time you exhale your mandatory safety glasses fog up... :lmao :drinkup
And just when you get all laid out on top of the little porcupine you get a leg cramp, more swear words. :cussing