I bought a used Case 75XT and it worked great for about 6 months. Now I can get the bucket to move or lift without running it at full throttle and then it barely moves. If I put anything in the bucket or try to lift anything it won't move. ( I will say I bought it at an auction and the previous owner had bypassed every safety feature on the skid steer. ) I have replaced the Hydraulic Pump Coupler. I have done a Hydraulic filter change. I have checked the relief value for blockage, I didn't see anything there. I have had the Hydraulic pump off and there are scratches on the gear teeth between the internal gear and the gear going to the coupler. They seems to fit well together and the ends are not rounded off at all. I have put a lot of new hydraulic fluid through the machine. I do also get times where the hydraulic oil will leak out of the hydraulic fluid cap. I don't know what else to check? I have tried to find the exact same hydraulic pump to replace it but no one seems to have the same one. They have the replacement hyrdraulic pumps that they say will work but the Hydraulic line ports on the replacement pumps are not in the same location as the old pump. So I have not tried to use one of the new ones. I just send it back. Any information, tips would be greatly appreciated. I need the skid steer for moving bails of hay, tilling, moving dirt, moving logs. Right now I can't do any of those things as the arms won't move under load and the bucket won't tilt under load. Thanks
Update to the above. I bought a new "main relief valve" thinking that the one in it was bad or the spring was bad. I put the new one in and the tilt on the bucket does work better but the arms still wont go up under load. Even with the engine running full out I couldn't pick up a couple of smaller logs I had laying in the yard. I don't know if it is a worth trying putting more tension on the spring of the relief valve or is better to leave it at factory settings and try to figure out what else could be causing the issue? Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks
Your problem is the self level valve if it has one, most did. This keeps the bucket level when lifting a load. The self level is item#1. The tubes come out of the main control valve to the self level valve then to the cylinders. Usually the spool is hung up inside. Or the relief is bad see diagrams.
Hello gggraham - Thank you for the information. I have taken some pictures of the skid valve control. I replaced the relief valve on this. When you are stating that the self level valve is the problem. I'm not seeing this on my skid or i'm just not recognizing it. I was also wondering if you could help me understand what the lever sitting behind the right control arm does? it connects to something on the main valve control. I can move the lever but the pin it is connected to does not move. I also wanted to confirm I have a Case 75XT (JAF0380099) skid steer. What you show in SL2 above I can't find. I did take the part number and priced it out and it is over $850.00 (USD). I want to ensure I can find the valve before I order the part to ensure I don't buy the wrong one and then can't return it. Thank you again for your help and patience with my questions. LeRoy
On a 435 loader, slide one would be the loader (boom) lock lever. Move it side to side and see if the boom gets locked (boom raised all the way up). Go to the CASE construction website and go the SOLUTIONS section and go through the parts catalog and look up your machine. A lot of free information there.
The lever on the right is so you can lower the loader arms should the machine stall, eg with them blocking the door. You pull on the lever and it will allow the loader arms to drop down . If this is stuck in the open ( let the loader down ) position this would also be a problem. The parts picture my be the later series but they are all the same. This leveller valve would be on the right hand side of the machine by the engine.
I wanted to thank everyone for the excellent information. I have one other follow up question. I had my serpentine belt break. I took the belt tension piece off to get the new belt on but now I can't get the new belt on when the tension is back on. Is there a trick to this or a way to get the belt back on when the belt tensioner is in place? I can get the belt on all the wheels but then can't get the tensioner in place. If I put the tensioner on first then I can't get the belt on all the wheels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Belt tensioner has to be bolted in place first, then use a ratchet inserted in the square hole on tensioner to rotate it against spring pressure.