I have a 2009 T190 bobcat. It was recently serviced by a bobcat dealer. They mentioned the idlers had some issues. Could seized idlers cause a track to drag?
The sprocket would have to skip on the track cleats for it to be able to skid. Have not seen on a skid steer but have changed a set of sprockets on a T190 a few years back. I posted pictures of it here on I believe Shop Tool section in last 3 months. Look it up and , you will see my idea of how to take tracks off easier. Simon C
Sorry it was on April 3rd on subject Removing Tracks Easy Way on forum for Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders. Hope it Helps Simon C
I was more wondering about if the idle rollers on the undercarriage would cause a track to feel as if it was dragging? The dealer checked the drive motor and all hydraulics on this machine and everything thing is good. It just feels like there’s a drag on the right side of the machine.
If this is a machine with joystick controls then you might want to adjust the side drift compensation (this feature is available thru the menu from left side screen)
In 40 + years in this business, I've never seen an idler seize. I think your dealer is full of S^%t but I guess it could happen. Rollers..........yeah I've seen that.
Possibly the brake in the final drive. . . Try driving with park on, often if the brake is dragging it won't hold anymore.
The park brake holds the machine well. I had a chance to look at the machine closer. The front roller on the right side is toast. It has 1/4” play in all directions. Could this be causing some drag on the right side?
Sorry I meant the rollers not the idlers.
When it’s pushing hard the left track will brake traction but the right side wants to big the machine down before it breaks traction.
A worn out roller won't cause any loss of power or traction. Jack the machine up so the tracks are clear of the ground, jam a lump of timber between the sprocket and track then operate. Do both sides to get a comparison. If it is doing the same thing as when it on the ground then you have an internal problem like the break not fully releasing. A half decent dealer would have done this check.
Ok. I’ll give it a try. What would cause the right brake to drag?
They require hydraulic pressure to release, zero pressure to engage. Not enough pressure will cause it to drag. At this point like everyone I'm guessing. Only testing can confirm the problem so this is a start.