Hello All, i have been searching for a few days without any luck, hopefully some one on here can help me. On my 75 xt i have had intermittent issues with it locking out after starting up the machine, im pretty sure that it is an electrical issues some where. It usually works it self out after a few hours being shut down but this is the first time the machine has been stuck for a long period. My symptoms: 1. Green operation light is lit up, no matter if the lap bar is up or down. 2. Headlights will not work with key in acc position or run position. 3. machine or bucket will not move, bucket controls are locked, attempting to move the machine does not bog down the engine. 4. Parking light is not on no matter if i have the parking brake on or not. Things i have done: 1.All fuses are relays are good. 2. Cleaned fuse and relay box. 3. Replaced lockout relay. 4. Replaced Ignition switch (key was broken off in it but was starting it with screwdriver) 5. Disconnected the battery overnight Does any one have any suggestions? i was using the equipment all day with no issues, parked it to get some dinner and came back out with this issue. This is the 3rd time the lockout happened in the past 3 years, i just have never been able to track it down. Does the right instrument panel with the ignition have any electronics in the sealed part that could cause this issue? Thanks!
Raise the cab and look for the servo control dump valve. It is a solenoid type valve on the left side below the joystick. Replace the ground terminal on the mounting bolt. I had a customer that had theirs back to the Case dealer to the tune of 2500.00 and they didn't find it. A quick probe with a meter and five minutes fixed it.
My machine has been doing the same stuff. I will look at that bolt and see. I was thinking my control board was fried.
Thanks for your reply, i did replace the bolt with no luck. But your post got me on the right track. I ended up tracing this down to a bad 12v supply line to the relay box. Thanks again for your help!
Dhelcher- You mentioned you had no headlights as well. i just had the same problem as you and cleaned out the relay panel and the machine moved again, but no headlights still. Any ideas?
If you are sure your headlights were working before the lockout issue i would double check your fuses. I burned through 3 of them while troubleshooting the issue. If your fuses are good, when i get home ill take a picture of where one of my connections were corroded pretty bad, it had several 12v connections on one post. I cant remember off the top of my head if it was the relay box or not. It sounds to me that is still where your problem lies. The other possible place would be your key switch, i replaced mine early in my troubleshooting because it was cheap and i wanted a little extra security with the key working. I do remember when i took it off it was heavily corroded.
yes the headlights were fully operational minutes prior to messing around with the machine. It all started when I took apart the key assembly to tap into the 12 volt constant and 12 volt accessory wires on the ignition to power a radio.perhaps moving the switch assembly around it was just enough to break the possible corroded connection for the lights. Would greatly appreciate a picture or two when you have time.
I have had this happen a couple of times to my 90XT. I will change positions with a few of the relays and the hydraulics start working again. I picked up a couple of new relays at the dealer and keep them with the machine. I haven't had it happen in a while (knock on wood.) I don't understand the need for all these relays on machines. I am having trouble starting my zero turn mower and the dealer said replace all the relays, I did, no change.