Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 75xt loss of headlights

99case75xt ยท 2015-11-09 11:18

Last night I was locked out from the machine after starting it, lap bar down and green light on but no park light. nothing would activate. Pulled the lockout relay cleaned the dirt out put it back in and had park light and full function of the machine. Went to turn the headlights on and NOTHING. Does anyone have any idea as to why I would have loss of power to the headlights just from removing a relay and putting it back in?The lights should be the most simplistic part of the machine- 12 volts to the ignition and the headlight toggle switch..

Replies1
  1. #162oliver2016-11-27 07:55

    I just recently got a 90xt, it had the same problem, the fuse blocks were full of dirt and corrosion, cleaned them all up and everything was working again. I put a little rubber flap over the blocks to keep dirt out, they seem to be susceptible to contaminates as the plastic doors over them are not very robust.