Just curious. Book calls for 10W-30 (diesel). Would like something for better cold weather operation. Thanks,
Your referring to using wanting to use5w40 for the hydraulic oil? Case approves using 0w40 for the engine oil and hydraulic oil for cold weather operations. Case does not specifically make a 5w40, but I don't see any issues with using it in the engine or hydraulics. Just make sure to add HTO additive to the hydraulics (1L hto for every 20l of oil)
I put 5w40 synthetic engine oil in my bobcat when we did a week long job in KY one winter. We started at 6 am and the temp was 10 degrees. After warming the glowplugs for 30 seconds our 20 year old bobcat started easily and ran good all day. The next oil change at home I used 15w40 conventional engine oil. I notice that when the temps are less than 20 my diesel truck starts much better with 5w40.
Yes, engine oil. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I've been using the same 5W-40 Rotella in another diesel for many years, but that's the weight it calls for. When it's cold, the synthetic makes a huge difference. Still, with the conventional oil I've been using, I've always been able to start this skid loader, but making it easier can't hurt, huh? Thanks,